Key to the East London IDZ’s mandate is the attraction and retention of strategic investments that will not only diversify the local economy, but also create meaningful employment opportunities.
To this end the ELIDZ has achieved the following :
– R4.4 billion worth of investment attracted into the region.
– 38 investors attracted into the region.
– 2992 direct manufacturing jobs activated since inception
– 21 262 construction job opportunities created since inception
– R480 million worth of contracts awarded to Small, Medium and Micro Entreprises
– In just 2013/14, the ELIDZ awarded R258 million worth of contracts to BBBEE enterprises and R21 million was awarded to Women Owned Enterprises.